Saturday, March 10, 2012

It's my Party!....and you can play for free if you want to!!!!

It's my Party Year! 75, you know....and I can do what I please.  So, in honor of that, we are kicking off the season with a FREE day!  Monday March 12, come on out to play the course for  FREE!  The clubhouse will not be open, carts will not be available, but you are welcome to come tee it up and get in the first rounds of the year at Veenker at no charge.  As of Tuesday, all will be back to "normal", so come take advantage while you can.
WELCOME TO THE 2012 GOLF SEASON AT THE VEENK!
Fore,
George

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad I came across your blog George. I played there many times as an ISU student, but some of my best memories are playing in the State H.S. tournament at Veenker. Back then, it was the original course, with the Clubhouse and 1st and 9th holes south of the railroad tracks. That course was the wonderful and so many great holes - the 2nd, 4th, 5th, 7th, 9th, 16th and 17th. All of those, except the original 5th, 7th and 10th are lost now. What a shame. The changes that were made in the early 70's by someone that had no idea what they were doing were awful and the result is certainly not a Perry Maxwell course. I would like to see a movement to restore as much of the course as possible and redesign the "new" holes to compliment the Perry Maxwell "rolls" greens.

    Mary Armstrong, Golf Architect "Class of 74"

    ReplyDelete